Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon October 5, 2009
Two Western Kentucky Swine Flu Deaths
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Department of Public Health has announced two additional deaths related to swine flu. Both are in western Kentucky. In Caldwell County, a teenager with no underlying health issues died from the novel H1N1 virus. In Christian County, a woman in her late 20s with underlying health issues also died from swine flu. The H1N1 vaccine is becoming available and state health officials expect an increased supply in early November. Kentucky's flu status is listed as widespread, but public health commissioner Dr. William Hacker says the symptoms have not been any worse than seasonal influenza.