Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon October 5, 2009
Two Western Kentucky Swine Flu Deaths
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Department of Public Health has announced two additional deaths related to swine flu. Both are in western Kentucky. In Caldwell County, a teenager with no underlying health issues died from the novel H1N1 virus. In Christian County, a woman in her late 20s with underlying health issues also died from swine flu. The H1N1 vaccine is becoming available and state health officials expect an increased supply in early November. Kentucky's flu status is listed as widespread, but public health commissioner Dr. William Hacker says the symptoms have not been any worse than seasonal influenza.