Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue May 26, 2009
Two Sentenced on Child Abuse
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – A Murray man and woman will serve a combined 14 years in prison on child abuse charges. Calloway Circuit Judge Dennis Faust sentenced Carol Erwin to ten year in prison for first degree criminal abuse and assault. Faust gave Derek Chandler four years without probation for complicity in the case. A Kentucky Attorney General's Office investigation previously discovered Erwin had severely abused a four-year-old child in her care for a year. Chandler was convicted for permitting the abuse.