Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Arts & Literature
Thu February 9, 2012
TWO presents "Sweeney Todd"
Theatre Workshop of Owensboro is running Steven Sodenheim’s famous musical “Sweeney Todd” about a vengeful barber in post-industrial London. Benjamin Barker returns from 15 years in exile with a new alias- Sweeney Todd. Todd teams up with his old neighbor Mrs. Lovett and they devise a murderous partnership that also provides income for their day jobs. Todd slits the throats of his barbershop customers and disposes of the bodies in Mrs. Lovett’s bakery where she makes meat pies.
The Theatre Workshop of Owensboro is running the play in its newly-acquired Opryhouse under the direction of Brian Luedloff. Rose Krzton-Presson spoke with Thad Mayhugh and Lynn Roberson of Theatre Workshop of Owensboro’s production of Steven Sondheim’s “Sweeney Todd.” The show runs through this weekend. Visit TWO's website here.