Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Arts & Literature
Thu February 9, 2012
TWO presents "Sweeney Todd"
Theatre Workshop of Owensboro is running Steven Sodenheim’s famous musical “Sweeney Todd” about a vengeful barber in post-industrial London. Benjamin Barker returns from 15 years in exile with a new alias- Sweeney Todd. Todd teams up with his old neighbor Mrs. Lovett and they devise a murderous partnership that also provides income for their day jobs. Todd slits the throats of his barbershop customers and disposes of the bodies in Mrs. Lovett’s bakery where she makes meat pies.
The Theatre Workshop of Owensboro is running the play in its newly-acquired Opryhouse under the direction of Brian Luedloff. Rose Krzton-Presson spoke with Thad Mayhugh and Lynn Roberson of Theatre Workshop of Owensboro’s production of Steven Sondheim’s “Sweeney Todd.” The show runs through this weekend. Visit TWO's website here.