Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Arts & Literature
Thu February 9, 2012
TWO presents "Sweeney Todd"
Theatre Workshop of Owensboro is running Steven Sodenheim’s famous musical “Sweeney Todd” about a vengeful barber in post-industrial London. Benjamin Barker returns from 15 years in exile with a new alias- Sweeney Todd. Todd teams up with his old neighbor Mrs. Lovett and they devise a murderous partnership that also provides income for their day jobs. Todd slits the throats of his barbershop customers and disposes of the bodies in Mrs. Lovett’s bakery where she makes meat pies.
The Theatre Workshop of Owensboro is running the play in its newly-acquired Opryhouse under the direction of Brian Luedloff. Rose Krzton-Presson spoke with Thad Mayhugh and Lynn Roberson of Theatre Workshop of Owensboro’s production of Steven Sondheim’s “Sweeney Todd.” The show runs through this weekend. Visit TWO's website here.