Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Thu May 22, 2014
Two Injured in Hopkinsville Plane Crash on Pennyrile Parkway
A father and son are recovering from injuries sustained in a plane crash along the Pennyrile Parkway this afternoon. The Christian County Sheriff’s department reports 58 year-old Mike Creed and his son 20 year-old Benjamin encountered trouble shortly after taking off from the local airport.
Captain Chris Miller says the plane began losing altitude and Mike Creed attempted an emergency landing on the Parkway around 1:50 p.m. The single engine piper crash landed on the road’s shoulder. Mike Creed was transported via life-flight to an area hospital with unknown injuries. Benjamin was treated at the scene and released.
The F-A-A will investigate the crash.