Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu May 22, 2014
Two Injured in Hopkinsville Plane Crash on Pennyrile Parkway
A father and son are recovering from injuries sustained in a plane crash along the Pennyrile Parkway this afternoon. The Christian County Sheriff’s department reports 58 year-old Mike Creed and his son 20 year-old Benjamin encountered trouble shortly after taking off from the local airport.
Captain Chris Miller says the plane began losing altitude and Mike Creed attempted an emergency landing on the Parkway around 1:50 p.m. The single engine piper crash landed on the road’s shoulder. Mike Creed was transported via life-flight to an area hospital with unknown injuries. Benjamin was treated at the scene and released.
The F-A-A will investigate the crash.