Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu September 3, 2009
Two Airlines; One Barkley Regional Airport
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – SkyWest and Mesaba are two airline companies vying for a US Department of Transportation subsidy this week, which includes Paducah's Barkley Regional Airport. While Mesaba is Paducah's current carrier, connecting to Delta's Memphis hub; SkyWest is proposing to fly 50-seat jets twice daily between Paducah and Chicago's O'Hare Airport. SkyWest is seeking roughly half the amount of federal subisidies that rival Mesaba is asking for. According to the Paducah Sun, it will take about a month to review the proposals.