Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Thu September 3, 2009
Two Airlines; One Barkley Regional Airport
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – SkyWest and Mesaba are two airline companies vying for a US Department of Transportation subsidy this week, which includes Paducah's Barkley Regional Airport. While Mesaba is Paducah's current carrier, connecting to Delta's Memphis hub; SkyWest is proposing to fly 50-seat jets twice daily between Paducah and Chicago's O'Hare Airport. SkyWest is seeking roughly half the amount of federal subisidies that rival Mesaba is asking for. According to the Paducah Sun, it will take about a month to review the proposals.