Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu September 3, 2009
Two Airlines; One Barkley Regional Airport
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – SkyWest and Mesaba are two airline companies vying for a US Department of Transportation subsidy this week, which includes Paducah's Barkley Regional Airport. While Mesaba is Paducah's current carrier, connecting to Delta's Memphis hub; SkyWest is proposing to fly 50-seat jets twice daily between Paducah and Chicago's O'Hare Airport. SkyWest is seeking roughly half the amount of federal subisidies that rival Mesaba is asking for. According to the Paducah Sun, it will take about a month to review the proposals.