Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu August 16, 2012
TVA Will Not Raise Electricity Rates for Customers
The Tennessee Valley Authority will keep electricity rates the same for customers in the coming fiscal year. TVA's board of directors voted today to approve an over eleven billion dollar budget without raising rate hikes for the fiscal year that begins October 1st. The federal utility provides electricity to 9 million people in seven states, including Kentucky and Tennessee. TVA CEO Tom Kilgore also announced at the meeting that he will be retiring after 6 years in the position. Kilgore says he would prefer to leave in four to six months but will wait until the board appoints his successor.