Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri February 12, 2010
TVA Reservoirs above Seasonal Levels
Knoxville, TN – Tennessee Valley Authority reservoirs are above seasonal levels because of above-average rainfall last year. The federal utility said Thursday that all nine hydroelectric dams on the Tennessee River and most of the 20 power-producing tributary dams are generating at maximum capacity.
The hydroelectric system's current available output is about 3,100 megawatts - enough to power about 1.8 million homes. In mid-January, all 29 TVA hydroelectric dams generated at the same time for the first time in three years. Hydro power is less than 10% of TVA's total generation mix.