Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri February 12, 2010
TVA Reservoirs above Seasonal Levels
Knoxville, TN – Tennessee Valley Authority reservoirs are above seasonal levels because of above-average rainfall last year. The federal utility said Thursday that all nine hydroelectric dams on the Tennessee River and most of the 20 power-producing tributary dams are generating at maximum capacity.
The hydroelectric system's current available output is about 3,100 megawatts - enough to power about 1.8 million homes. In mid-January, all 29 TVA hydroelectric dams generated at the same time for the first time in three years. Hydro power is less than 10% of TVA's total generation mix.