Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri February 12, 2010
TVA Reservoirs above Seasonal Levels
Knoxville, TN – Tennessee Valley Authority reservoirs are above seasonal levels because of above-average rainfall last year. The federal utility said Thursday that all nine hydroelectric dams on the Tennessee River and most of the 20 power-producing tributary dams are generating at maximum capacity.
The hydroelectric system's current available output is about 3,100 megawatts - enough to power about 1.8 million homes. In mid-January, all 29 TVA hydroelectric dams generated at the same time for the first time in three years. Hydro power is less than 10% of TVA's total generation mix.