Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon September 28, 2009
TVA Rates Reduced
Knoxville, TN – Lower power bills are expected as TVA begins its new fiscal year on Thursday.
The utility's board raised rates when it met last month, but reduced the fuel adjustment charge. Although that fee can now be altered monthly, the combined
result for most electricity users will be at least an initial reduction in what they pay.
TVA will raise base rates by 8 percent effective Thursday, but an 11 percent decline in fuel adjustment charges should offset that at least initially. The decision will impact about 9 million people receiving electricity from TVA in seven states including Kentucky and Tennessee.