Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu June 14, 2012
TVA Moves Repairs to Save Duck Hunting Season
The Tennessee Valley Authority is moving up repairs on the West Sandy Dewatering Project on Kentucky Reservoir in Henry County, Tennessee.
Officials plan to begin repairs and maintenance on both sides of the pump house this summer to accommodate winter duck hunting. TVA had planned to lower West Sandy water levels throughout the next two winter waterfowl seasons. But with the new schedule, officials say hunters can expect normal water levels this winter season, weather permitting. The pumping station must be repaired to continue seasonal flooding that supports waterfowl habitat.