Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu June 14, 2012
TVA Moves Repairs to Save Duck Hunting Season
The Tennessee Valley Authority is moving up repairs on the West Sandy Dewatering Project on Kentucky Reservoir in Henry County, Tennessee.
Officials plan to begin repairs and maintenance on both sides of the pump house this summer to accommodate winter duck hunting. TVA had planned to lower West Sandy water levels throughout the next two winter waterfowl seasons. But with the new schedule, officials say hunters can expect normal water levels this winter season, weather permitting. The pumping station must be repaired to continue seasonal flooding that supports waterfowl habitat.