Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Thu June 14, 2012
TVA Moves Repairs to Save Duck Hunting Season
The Tennessee Valley Authority is moving up repairs on the West Sandy Dewatering Project on Kentucky Reservoir in Henry County, Tennessee.
Officials plan to begin repairs and maintenance on both sides of the pump house this summer to accommodate winter duck hunting. TVA had planned to lower West Sandy water levels throughout the next two winter waterfowl seasons. But with the new schedule, officials say hunters can expect normal water levels this winter season, weather permitting. The pumping station must be repaired to continue seasonal flooding that supports waterfowl habitat.