Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri May 3, 2013
TVA Had Net Gain Of $54 million In Second Quarter
The Tennessee Valley Authority is reporting a net income of $54 million in its second fiscal quarter. TVA President and CEO Bill Johnson said the government utility ended the quarter on plan because of more favorable weather and employee efforts to reduce costs. The results from the January-March period compare favorably with the same quarter in 2012, in which revenues showed a net loss of $94 million.
Electricity sales to power distributors were up 9 percent in the most recent period, but were offset by a drop in demand by industrial customers. There were higher sales of excess generation to other utilities, which helped the bottom line.