Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri May 3, 2013
TVA Had Net Gain Of $54 million In Second Quarter
The Tennessee Valley Authority is reporting a net income of $54 million in its second fiscal quarter. TVA President and CEO Bill Johnson said the government utility ended the quarter on plan because of more favorable weather and employee efforts to reduce costs. The results from the January-March period compare favorably with the same quarter in 2012, in which revenues showed a net loss of $94 million.
Electricity sales to power distributors were up 9 percent in the most recent period, but were offset by a drop in demand by industrial customers. There were higher sales of excess generation to other utilities, which helped the bottom line.