Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri October 31, 2008
TVA Exec Gets Raise
By Angela Hatton
Nashville, TN – The nation's biggest public utility is raising its CEO's compensation by nearly a half million dollars, a month after its largest electric rate hike in three decades. Tennessee Valley Authority's board approved President Tom Kilgore's salary increase from 650,000 dollars to 850,000 dollars per year, with a total possible compensation package of 3-(point)-3 million dollars. Kilgore told board members at a meeting yesterday TVA rates could go down in January because of decreasing fuel costs. Kilgore did not provide any details.