Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri August 3, 2012
TVA electricity: winter sales down, summer sales up
A 5 percent increase in electricity sales from hot weather this summer has boosted the Tennessee Valley Authority’s profits this quarter. But it wasn’t enough to offset the 5.9 percent drop that came with last winter’s mild patterns. TVA officials couldn't say whether they'd increase power rates at the start of the new fiscal year in October until after its board meets later this month.