Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Fri August 3, 2012
TVA electricity: winter sales down, summer sales up
A 5 percent increase in electricity sales from hot weather this summer has boosted the Tennessee Valley Authority’s profits this quarter. But it wasn’t enough to offset the 5.9 percent drop that came with last winter’s mild patterns. TVA officials couldn't say whether they'd increase power rates at the start of the new fiscal year in October until after its board meets later this month.