Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri April 20, 2012
Tuition Ceilings Set for Kentucky Institutions
The Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education voted on several tuition-related items at its meeting today at the University of Kentucky.
The council will allow comprehensive universities like Murray State to raise tuition up to 5%. Rates for community colleges are capped at 4% and research university rates capped 6%.
The increase is expected to provide the institutions another $45.1 million dollars in extra revenue, but CPE officials say that state appropriation cuts to higher education mean University's will still operate at an overall $79 million deficit.