Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Fri April 20, 2012
Tuition Ceilings Set for Kentucky Institutions
The Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education voted on several tuition-related items at its meeting today at the University of Kentucky.
The council will allow comprehensive universities like Murray State to raise tuition up to 5%. Rates for community colleges are capped at 4% and research university rates capped 6%.
The increase is expected to provide the institutions another $45.1 million dollars in extra revenue, but CPE officials say that state appropriation cuts to higher education mean University's will still operate at an overall $79 million deficit.