Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Fri April 20, 2012
Tuition Ceilings Set for Kentucky Institutions
The Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education voted on several tuition-related items at its meeting today at the University of Kentucky.
The council will allow comprehensive universities like Murray State to raise tuition up to 5%. Rates for community colleges are capped at 4% and research university rates capped 6%.
The increase is expected to provide the institutions another $45.1 million dollars in extra revenue, but CPE officials say that state appropriation cuts to higher education mean University's will still operate at an overall $79 million deficit.