Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri October 18, 2013
Tuition Assistance For Enrolled Soldiers Reinstated
Area universities are notifying enlisted soldiers they are again able to request Tuition Assistance for college classes following the reopening of a partially shuttered federal government. The Tuition Assistance program will honor commitments for classes with a start date of October 17th or later.
The suspended program left enrolled soldiers with holds on their accounts. Austin Peay University offered to float tuition fees for soldiers until the shutdown was lifted.