Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri October 18, 2013
Tuition Assistance For Enrolled Soldiers Reinstated
Area universities are notifying enlisted soldiers they are again able to request Tuition Assistance for college classes following the reopening of a partially shuttered federal government. The Tuition Assistance program will honor commitments for classes with a start date of October 17th or later.
The suspended program left enrolled soldiers with holds on their accounts. Austin Peay University offered to float tuition fees for soldiers until the shutdown was lifted.