Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Fri October 18, 2013
Tuition Assistance For Enrolled Soldiers Reinstated
Area universities are notifying enlisted soldiers they are again able to request Tuition Assistance for college classes following the reopening of a partially shuttered federal government. The Tuition Assistance program will honor commitments for classes with a start date of October 17th or later.
The suspended program left enrolled soldiers with holds on their accounts. Austin Peay University offered to float tuition fees for soldiers until the shutdown was lifted.