Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri October 18, 2013
Tuition Assistance For Enrolled Soldiers Reinstated
Area universities are notifying enlisted soldiers they are again able to request Tuition Assistance for college classes following the reopening of a partially shuttered federal government. The Tuition Assistance program will honor commitments for classes with a start date of October 17th or later.
The suspended program left enrolled soldiers with holds on their accounts. Austin Peay University offered to float tuition fees for soldiers until the shutdown was lifted.