Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri October 26, 2012
Trooper Cash Put on Leave During Shooting Investigation
Kentucky State Police trooper Jody Cash is on paid administrative leave, after shooting and killing a suspect in Farmington last weekend. KSP released the trooper’s name last night. Cash responded to a call of shots fired at a residence. When he arrived at the scene, Cash encountered 49-year-old Ted Newsome of Farmington.
Newsome allegedly raised a handgun at the trooper, and Cash shot and killed him. KSP officials say policy requires Cash remain on administrative leave through the incident investigation. He works primarily in Graves County.