Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Fri October 26, 2012
Trooper Cash Put on Leave During Shooting Investigation
Kentucky State Police trooper Jody Cash is on paid administrative leave, after shooting and killing a suspect in Farmington last weekend. KSP released the trooper’s name last night. Cash responded to a call of shots fired at a residence. When he arrived at the scene, Cash encountered 49-year-old Ted Newsome of Farmington.
Newsome allegedly raised a handgun at the trooper, and Cash shot and killed him. KSP officials say policy requires Cash remain on administrative leave through the incident investigation. He works primarily in Graves County.