Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri October 26, 2012
Trooper Cash Put on Leave During Shooting Investigation
Kentucky State Police trooper Jody Cash is on paid administrative leave, after shooting and killing a suspect in Farmington last weekend. KSP released the trooper’s name last night. Cash responded to a call of shots fired at a residence. When he arrived at the scene, Cash encountered 49-year-old Ted Newsome of Farmington.
Newsome allegedly raised a handgun at the trooper, and Cash shot and killed him. KSP officials say policy requires Cash remain on administrative leave through the incident investigation. He works primarily in Graves County.