Most Active Stories
- Revised Forecast Ups Ice Accumulation in TN Border Counties
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Fri October 26, 2012
Trooper Cash Put on Leave During Shooting Investigation
Kentucky State Police trooper Jody Cash is on paid administrative leave, after shooting and killing a suspect in Farmington last weekend. KSP released the trooper’s name last night. Cash responded to a call of shots fired at a residence. When he arrived at the scene, Cash encountered 49-year-old Ted Newsome of Farmington.
Newsome allegedly raised a handgun at the trooper, and Cash shot and killed him. KSP officials say policy requires Cash remain on administrative leave through the incident investigation. He works primarily in Graves County.