Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Fri October 26, 2012
Trooper Cash Put on Leave During Shooting Investigation
Kentucky State Police trooper Jody Cash is on paid administrative leave, after shooting and killing a suspect in Farmington last weekend. KSP released the trooper’s name last night. Cash responded to a call of shots fired at a residence. When he arrived at the scene, Cash encountered 49-year-old Ted Newsome of Farmington.
Newsome allegedly raised a handgun at the trooper, and Cash shot and killed him. KSP officials say policy requires Cash remain on administrative leave through the incident investigation. He works primarily in Graves County.