Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed November 28, 2012
Trigg Republicans to Make Judge Executive Recommendations
The Trigg County Republican Party has released details on three names sent to Governor Steve Beshear in hopes he'll select one to serve as Trigg County Judge Executive for the next two years. Executive Committee Vice Chair Betty Sue Howard says the group suggested Trigg County magistrate Barry Littlejohn, McLean County High School Senior Army instructor for JROTC Steve Darnall, and retired sergeant major Jim Kilcoyne.
Republican Stan Humphries plans to resign from the position to take his new job as First District Kentucky State Senator. Beshear has 30 days after he receives the resignation to appoint Humphries' replacement. Trigg County GOP Executive Committee Vice Chair Betty Sue Howard says the Democratic governor will likely appoint someone from his own party. But Howard says her party wanted Beshear to see good GOP recommendations too. The Trigg County Democrats recently sent three recommendations to Beshear’s office.