Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed November 28, 2012
Trigg Republicans to Make Judge Executive Recommendations
The Trigg County Republican Party has released details on three names sent to Governor Steve Beshear in hopes he'll select one to serve as Trigg County Judge Executive for the next two years. Executive Committee Vice Chair Betty Sue Howard says the group suggested Trigg County magistrate Barry Littlejohn, McLean County High School Senior Army instructor for JROTC Steve Darnall, and retired sergeant major Jim Kilcoyne.
Republican Stan Humphries plans to resign from the position to take his new job as First District Kentucky State Senator. Beshear has 30 days after he receives the resignation to appoint Humphries' replacement. Trigg County GOP Executive Committee Vice Chair Betty Sue Howard says the Democratic governor will likely appoint someone from his own party. But Howard says her party wanted Beshear to see good GOP recommendations too. The Trigg County Democrats recently sent three recommendations to Beshear’s office.