Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Wed June 27, 2012
Trigg County Hospital Expansion Project
Trigg County Hospital will expand its facility with a $7 million dollar loan from the Department of Agriculture’s Office of Rural Development.
Chief Executive Officer Alisa Coleman says the loan will go toward renovating the old Cadiz United Methodist Church building to house physical therapy services, and physician offices. The hospital acquired the church building six months ago and plans to use in-house labor to help reduce costs. Money will also go toward expanding the current surgical wing. The renovation and expansion projects have been a part of the hospital’s strategic plan for the past few years.