Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed June 3, 2009
Trigg Anti-Alcohol Group hosts meeting
By Carrie Pond
Cadiz, KY – 120 people filled the Cadiz Baptist Church last week for a meeting opposing alcohol sales in Trigg County. Retired pastor Archie Brock says the purpose of the meeting was to organize an effort against a recently formed group advocating alcohol sales in the county. Brock was elected vice chairman to the group, which calls itself Trigg Citizens against Alcohol. Trigg County residents Ken and Jan Culwell founded the group Grow Trigg in favor of alcohol sales. The two are compiling a petition to bring the matter to a vote, saying alcohol sales would be a boon to the struggling local economy. Trigg County currently has a 15.3 percent unemployment rate. Brock says a few members from the Grow Trigg group attended the meeting, but the majority of those in attendance were opposed to alcohol sales.
Trigg Citizens against Alcohol meets at 7 p.m. next Thursday, June 11th, at Cadiz Baptist Church. Grow Trigg meets at 6 p.m. tonight at the Lake Barkley State Resort Park.