Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed October 9, 2013
Tri-County Chamber Alliance Plans $3 Million Lake Barkley Renovation
A $3 million renovation for Lake Barkley State Park is among the legislative priorities for the Southern Pennyrile Chamber Alliance in 2014. Trigg, Christian and Todd make up the chamber alliance.
Christian County Judge Executive Steve Trimble said the facelift to the Lake Barkley campground and lodge is something the alliance has been working towards for several years.
“Obviously, as you well know, LBL is our state’s number one tourism draw, over a million people come in there each year," said Trimble. "Tourism obviously is very big in Trigg County and, you know the lodge appearance through the year is kinda, there’s been some renovation, but it’s still kinda worn and outdated.”
Trimble along with county leaders from Trigg and Todd County have planned January Frankfort visits to seek funding for the state park. Trimble said the alliance's other priorities include funding for a new facility for Murray State's Breathitt Veterinary Center, updating county communication systems and various road projects including maintenance work on the Lake Barkley Bridge.