Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue July 24, 2012
Traveling Exhibit Highlights State Parks
A traveling exhibit highlighting the 75th anniversary of Tennessee’s state parks is hitting the road for the next year, touring the parks and various communities.
Exhibit artwork, displays and interpretative panels were designed and coordinated by State Parks’ Chief Historian Ward Weems, the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation, and volunteers. The exhibit will help educate the public about the importance of protecting Tennessee’s natural and historical resources. There are 54 state parks, with two in our region, Reelfoot Lake and Paris Landing. Governor Bill Haslam has proclaimed July Tennessee state parks month.