Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon August 17, 2009
Travel Advisory: KY-80 Closed
By Todd Hatton
Columbus, KY – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will close Kentucky Highway 80 in the Columbus area of Hickman County today beginning after this morning's school bus run. The highway will be closed between the 2 and 3 mile markers to allow Hickman County Highway Maintenance to replace 3 cross drains. Engineers believe the work can be completed today, but some work may be required at the site tomorrow.
Anyone travelling KY 80 in the Columbus area should make alternative travel plans. The roadway is expected to re-open by 3:30 this afternoon.