Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu June 6, 2013
Transylvania Faculty Seeking President's Resignation
Faculty leaders at Lexington’s Transylvania University are calling for the resignation of President Owen Williams in a 35-page document sent to the school's trustees and regents.
The Lexington Herald-Leader reports three faculty leaders mailed the document this week on behalf of colleagues. The document accuses Williams of displaying a "dismissive and disrespectful" manner toward faculty, staff and students.
Trustees Chairman William T. Young Jr. said in a statement Wednesday that board members will review the information thoroughly. He didn't comment on the request for Williams' resignation.
The faculty cast a 68-7 vote of no confidence on May 24. Later the same day, trustees took a unanimous vote of confidence in Williams.