Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu June 6, 2013
Transylvania Faculty Seeking President's Resignation
Faculty leaders at Lexington’s Transylvania University are calling for the resignation of President Owen Williams in a 35-page document sent to the school's trustees and regents.
The Lexington Herald-Leader reports three faculty leaders mailed the document this week on behalf of colleagues. The document accuses Williams of displaying a "dismissive and disrespectful" manner toward faculty, staff and students.
Trustees Chairman William T. Young Jr. said in a statement Wednesday that board members will review the information thoroughly. He didn't comment on the request for Williams' resignation.
The faculty cast a 68-7 vote of no confidence on May 24. Later the same day, trustees took a unanimous vote of confidence in Williams.