Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu August 9, 2012
Transfers at Illinois Prisons Pause While Union and State Officials Meet
Prisoners at the Tamms Correctional Center in southern Illinois will remain at the facility until Corrections Department union employees have a say in the closure process. Governor Pat Quinn ordered Tamms and other prisons closed in June to save the state money. The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees has asked for transfers to stop while state and union officials discuss safety measures for the closings. AFSCME spokesman Anders Lindall says the two sides will meet an arbitrator Tuesday. Transfers won’t resume until Alexander County Judge Charles Cavaness gauges the negotiation progress August 17.