Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed February 20, 2013
"Transfer Madness" Event Gives Two-Year Graduates Easy Access to Four-Year Institutions
Kentucky college students interested in transferring to a public or private four-year university have a chance at a one day all-in-one transfer initiative.
On March 6th Kentucky's Council on Post-Secondary Education along with universities and Community and Technical Colleges, host “Transfer Madness." The entirely online transfer student fair gives students the ability to chat online with transfer advisors and search for scholarships. The CPE's Vice-President of Academic Affairs Aaron Thompson said this the first time Kentucky has attempted such a program.
“Secondarily there’s a lot of folks that are place bound for a variety of reasons that can’t make I, Thompson said. “ So this allows everybody to be on a equal playing field.”
Thompson said in recent years transferring credits has become much easier for students in the KCTCS system and now it’s all about getting the word out.