Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon November 9, 2009
Trailer Company Consolidating Headquarters in KY
Cadiz, KY – A large trailer manufacturer is consolidating its operations in Trigg County, leading local officials to hope the move brings new jobs to an area struck by high unemployment. Wabash National Corporation announced last week it is closing its Transcraft Corporation operations in Anna, Illinois, with plans to move the business to its plant in Cadiz. 70 to 75 workers from the Illinois plant were laid off, but offered a chance to relocate and apply for jobs at the Cadiz facility. The company plans to complete the transition by the middle of next year. Officials in Trigg County are excited about the move, hoping it brings jobs to an area with a 16% unemployment rate, the fifth highest in the state.