Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 9, 2009
Trailer Company Consolidating Headquarters in KY
Cadiz, KY – A large trailer manufacturer is consolidating its operations in Trigg County, leading local officials to hope the move brings new jobs to an area struck by high unemployment. Wabash National Corporation announced last week it is closing its Transcraft Corporation operations in Anna, Illinois, with plans to move the business to its plant in Cadiz. 70 to 75 workers from the Illinois plant were laid off, but offered a chance to relocate and apply for jobs at the Cadiz facility. The company plans to complete the transition by the middle of next year. Officials in Trigg County are excited about the move, hoping it brings jobs to an area with a 16% unemployment rate, the fifth highest in the state.