Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon November 9, 2009
Trailer Company Consolidating Headquarters in KY
Cadiz, KY – A large trailer manufacturer is consolidating its operations in Trigg County, leading local officials to hope the move brings new jobs to an area struck by high unemployment. Wabash National Corporation announced last week it is closing its Transcraft Corporation operations in Anna, Illinois, with plans to move the business to its plant in Cadiz. 70 to 75 workers from the Illinois plant were laid off, but offered a chance to relocate and apply for jobs at the Cadiz facility. The company plans to complete the transition by the middle of next year. Officials in Trigg County are excited about the move, hoping it brings jobs to an area with a 16% unemployment rate, the fifth highest in the state.