Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon November 9, 2009
Trailer Company Consolidating Headquarters in KY
Cadiz, KY – A large trailer manufacturer is consolidating its operations in Trigg County, leading local officials to hope the move brings new jobs to an area struck by high unemployment. Wabash National Corporation announced last week it is closing its Transcraft Corporation operations in Anna, Illinois, with plans to move the business to its plant in Cadiz. 70 to 75 workers from the Illinois plant were laid off, but offered a chance to relocate and apply for jobs at the Cadiz facility. The company plans to complete the transition by the middle of next year. Officials in Trigg County are excited about the move, hoping it brings jobs to an area with a 16% unemployment rate, the fifth highest in the state.