Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue June 18, 2013
Toyota Supports Early Childhood Education with New Academies in Western Kentucky
Toyota Motor Manufacturing of Kentucky will fund six new bornlearning Academies in western Kentucky schools and renew support for two others.
Calloway County's East Elementary and Paducah’s Farley Elementary first received their share of $1 million in grant funds in 2012.
Toyota’s bornlearning Academy teaches parents and caregivers how to build strong learning connections at home for children prenatal to five years old. This school-based academy consists of six workshop sessions that provide parents with the tools to help their children succeed in kindergarten and beyond.
The six western Kentucky schools to receive new grants this year are in Henderson, Davies, Trigg Calloway, Graves and Christian Counties. There are now 21 bornlearning academies in Kentucky.