Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue January 13, 2009
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – Hearings on Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear's budget-balancing plan are underway in Frankfort. After sitting through a detailed explanation of the governor's plan, Grayson Rep. Robin Webb wanted to know what state agencies will do if lawmakers don't approve more revenue.
"Is there been any specific agency restructuring, or duplicative program analysis, cross-training of individuals, streamlining?"
Interim state budget director John Hicks assured Webb there has been, including consolidation of services. The House and Senate budget committees met jointly today, but now plan separate meetings to hear how budget cuts will affect individual state agencies. Lawmakers are searching for solutions to a 456-million dollar state budget deficit.