Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon March 5, 2012
Tornadoes in Kentucky Could Fuel Community "Re-Invention"
Kentuckians are just beginning the gauge the economic cost of the weekend’s disaster. A more complete picture will become apparent once damage assessments are complete. However, there are economic trends that follow a tornado. For example, economist Kevin Timmons says full recovery is likely. In fact, Timmons says some communities re-invent themselves after devastating weather. He spoke with reporter Charles Compton.
Kevin Timmons is a professor of economics at Austin College in Texas. He’s co-author of “The Economic and Societal Impact of Tornadoes” and “Deadly Season.”