Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Mon October 28, 2013
Topinka Unveils New Financial Records Database
Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka has launched a public database that puts local government financial information and tens of thousands of other records online.
Topinka's office is calling the database "The Warehouse" and says it will include information from counties, municipalities and special taxing districts across Illinois.
The site also has a "compare data" function that lets users compare governments.
Topinka said The Warehouse is an attempt to provide more transparency to Illinoisans and that government acts more responsibly when it knows people are watching.