Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon October 28, 2013
Topinka Unveils New Financial Records Database
Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka has launched a public database that puts local government financial information and tens of thousands of other records online.
Topinka's office is calling the database "The Warehouse" and says it will include information from counties, municipalities and special taxing districts across Illinois.
The site also has a "compare data" function that lets users compare governments.
Topinka said The Warehouse is an attempt to provide more transparency to Illinoisans and that government acts more responsibly when it knows people are watching.