Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon October 28, 2013
Topinka Unveils New Financial Records Database
Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka has launched a public database that puts local government financial information and tens of thousands of other records online.
Topinka's office is calling the database "The Warehouse" and says it will include information from counties, municipalities and special taxing districts across Illinois.
The site also has a "compare data" function that lets users compare governments.
Topinka said The Warehouse is an attempt to provide more transparency to Illinoisans and that government acts more responsibly when it knows people are watching.