Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon October 28, 2013
Topinka Unveils New Financial Records Database
Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka has launched a public database that puts local government financial information and tens of thousands of other records online.
Topinka's office is calling the database "The Warehouse" and says it will include information from counties, municipalities and special taxing districts across Illinois.
The site also has a "compare data" function that lets users compare governments.
Topinka said The Warehouse is an attempt to provide more transparency to Illinoisans and that government acts more responsibly when it knows people are watching.