Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon December 21, 2009
Top 2009 stories
Murray, KY – January's ice storm has been named Kentucky's top story of 2009. With much of the western half of the state immobilized, the Jan. 27 storm is now considered the worst natural disaster in recent Kentucky history. It was selected the biggest story of year in voting by The Associated Press staff and AP member newspapers and broadcasters in Kentucky. Rounding out the top 5 stories were the arrest of former lawmaker Steven Nunn in the fatal shooting of his ex-fiancee, the private troubles of Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino, the acquittal of former high school football coach in the death of a player during practice and the hiring of John Calipari as Kentucky basketball coach.