Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Murray State Renews Steve Prohm's Contract Through 2020
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- Battle of the Bands 2015: Congratulations BIG ATOMIC!
Fri April 4, 2014
Together We Can Meet Our Pledge Drive Goal. Contribute Now!
Thank you for visiting our website to learn more about how to contribute. Here’s the urgency: Our Spring fundraiser has passed the $110,000 level and must rise to $130,000 to be complete, for the WKMS budget to work.
- Your gift enables credible, award-winning work, like the 2013 documentary Kentucky Dam – Power For the People which just earned a national award granted to WKMS News by the Society of Professional Journalists.
- Over its forty-four year history, WKMS staff have established a track record of excellence, public service, and community involvement.
- And you have established a track record of meeting fundraising goals, backing WKMS commitments and achievements with your support. We ask you to add in your contribution here and now. Thanks!
Be a sustainer this Spring and support public radio that sounds good! We need your support to help us reach our goal of $130,000 in community support.
You can contribute here on our secure pledge page, or call us at 800-599-4737. It takes a community of supporters to keep us on the air and sounding good.
Meeting fundraising goals is essential to the station’s budget. Contributions fund station operations, including production of and subscription to programs, equipment maintenance and replacement, student intern wages, and many other expenses. Contributions also help qualify WKMS for grants from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, continuing support from Murray State University and business underwriters.