Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu October 23, 2008
Todd Sheriff Charged
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – A western Kentucky sheriff has been cleared of charges, including menacing and official misconduct.
However, Todd County Sheriff Billy Stokes was found guilty by a six-person jury on Tuesday of illegally parking in a handicapped parking zone.
Stokes was acquitted of a menacing charge, and three counts of official misconduct were dismissed by a judge.
Stokes was charged with threatening to use his Taser on a man. He testified that when Daniel Draper approached Stokes' vehicle the second time, Stokes unholstered his Taser because he feared for his safety and the safety of his son, who was in the back seat.