Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu October 23, 2008
Todd Sheriff Charged
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – A western Kentucky sheriff has been cleared of charges, including menacing and official misconduct.
However, Todd County Sheriff Billy Stokes was found guilty by a six-person jury on Tuesday of illegally parking in a handicapped parking zone.
Stokes was acquitted of a menacing charge, and three counts of official misconduct were dismissed by a judge.
Stokes was charged with threatening to use his Taser on a man. He testified that when Daniel Draper approached Stokes' vehicle the second time, Stokes unholstered his Taser because he feared for his safety and the safety of his son, who was in the back seat.