Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Tue April 14, 2009
TN Wine Sales Bill Fails
By Angela Hatton
Nashville, TN – A proposal to allow wine to be sold in Tennessee supermarkets has failed for the year. State Representative David Shepard withdrew the proposal from consideration in a House subcommittee today. The Democrat says the move reflects a lack of support among enough lawmakers in both Legislative chambers and a failure to reach a compromise with retailers and wholesalers. Under the state's rigid three-tier beverage control system, alcohol must go from the manufacturer to a wholesale distributor and finally to retailers. Grocery stores can't sell wine and liquor stores can't sell beer.