Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed June 12, 2013
TN Wildlife Commission Tweaks Bear Hunt Rules
The Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission has tweaked changes to the bear hunting season. At a specially called teleconference on Monday, the commission changed a proclamation to prevent conflicts between user groups, including bear hunters taking part in scheduled bear dog hunts.
The adjustment means bear hunters will be allowed to continue to carry a gun until the end of a day in which they have harvested a bear. The change does not affect hunters who have filled their seasonal or daily bag limits. They may continue to accompany other hunters for the remainder of the respective seasons, as long as they don't carry firearms or ammunition.