Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Wed June 12, 2013
TN Wildlife Commission Tweaks Bear Hunt Rules
The Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission has tweaked changes to the bear hunting season. At a specially called teleconference on Monday, the commission changed a proclamation to prevent conflicts between user groups, including bear hunters taking part in scheduled bear dog hunts.
The adjustment means bear hunters will be allowed to continue to carry a gun until the end of a day in which they have harvested a bear. The change does not affect hunters who have filled their seasonal or daily bag limits. They may continue to accompany other hunters for the remainder of the respective seasons, as long as they don't carry firearms or ammunition.