Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri January 18, 2013
TN Unemployment at Five Year Low
The number of unemployed Tennesseans is at its lowest point since the economic meltdown of 2008.
The state Department of Labor and Workforce Development announced yesterday unemployment figures for December were 235,700. The state reports there are more than 2.8 million people employed in Tennessee. That's the highest employment total for the state since March 2008. The state figures show that non-farm employment increased by 6,000 jobs between November and December.