Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Fri January 18, 2013
TN Unemployment at Five Year Low
The number of unemployed Tennesseans is at its lowest point since the economic meltdown of 2008.
The state Department of Labor and Workforce Development announced yesterday unemployment figures for December were 235,700. The state reports there are more than 2.8 million people employed in Tennessee. That's the highest employment total for the state since March 2008. The state figures show that non-farm employment increased by 6,000 jobs between November and December.