Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri January 18, 2013
TN Unemployment at Five Year Low
The number of unemployed Tennesseans is at its lowest point since the economic meltdown of 2008.
The state Department of Labor and Workforce Development announced yesterday unemployment figures for December were 235,700. The state reports there are more than 2.8 million people employed in Tennessee. That's the highest employment total for the state since March 2008. The state figures show that non-farm employment increased by 6,000 jobs between November and December.