Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri January 18, 2013
TN Unemployment at Five Year Low
The number of unemployed Tennesseans is at its lowest point since the economic meltdown of 2008.
The state Department of Labor and Workforce Development announced yesterday unemployment figures for December were 235,700. The state reports there are more than 2.8 million people employed in Tennessee. That's the highest employment total for the state since March 2008. The state figures show that non-farm employment increased by 6,000 jobs between November and December.