Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 5, 2010
TN Trucker Deal
Knoxville, TN – Tennessee truckers can get a major discount on the purchase of equipment that will save them fuel and keep the air cleaner thanks to a program managed by the University of Tennessee. It's called Idle Smart and it allows truckers to receive a rebate for 50 percent off, up to $4,000, of the cost of an Auxiliary Power Unit or APU. The units decrease long engine idling while the trucker rests in the sleeping berth by providing cooling, heating and electrical power to the Class-8 trucks.