Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri March 5, 2010
TN Trucker Deal
Knoxville, TN – Tennessee truckers can get a major discount on the purchase of equipment that will save them fuel and keep the air cleaner thanks to a program managed by the University of Tennessee. It's called Idle Smart and it allows truckers to receive a rebate for 50 percent off, up to $4,000, of the cost of an Auxiliary Power Unit or APU. The units decrease long engine idling while the trucker rests in the sleeping berth by providing cooling, heating and electrical power to the Class-8 trucks.