Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri January 4, 2013
TN Treasury Offers $50 Match for College Savings Plan
The Tennessee Treasury Department is extending a promotion offering a $50 match to Tennessee residents who sign up for the TNStars college savings plan. TNStars participants choose from 15 low-fee investment options. The money they earn can be withdrawn tax-free to pay the educational expenses of the account's beneficiary. Participants don’t have to attend a college in Tennessee.
Accounts can be as small as $25, but those investing $50 or more will receive a $50 match. Tennessee residents who roll over their entire account balances from a different state's 529 college savings program will receive $100.