Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri January 4, 2013
TN Treasury Offers $50 Match for College Savings Plan
The Tennessee Treasury Department is extending a promotion offering a $50 match to Tennessee residents who sign up for the TNStars college savings plan. TNStars participants choose from 15 low-fee investment options. The money they earn can be withdrawn tax-free to pay the educational expenses of the account's beneficiary. Participants don’t have to attend a college in Tennessee.
Accounts can be as small as $25, but those investing $50 or more will receive a $50 match. Tennessee residents who roll over their entire account balances from a different state's 529 college savings program will receive $100.