Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Fri January 4, 2013
TN Treasury Offers $50 Match for College Savings Plan
The Tennessee Treasury Department is extending a promotion offering a $50 match to Tennessee residents who sign up for the TNStars college savings plan. TNStars participants choose from 15 low-fee investment options. The money they earn can be withdrawn tax-free to pay the educational expenses of the account's beneficiary. Participants don’t have to attend a college in Tennessee.
Accounts can be as small as $25, but those investing $50 or more will receive a $50 match. Tennessee residents who roll over their entire account balances from a different state's 529 college savings program will receive $100.