Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue June 30, 2009
TN Text Law
By Carrie Pond
Nashville, TN – A Tennessee law prohibiting people from reading or sending cell phone text messages while driving takes effect Wednesday. Violators of the texting law would be fined $50. The action would be considered a nonmoving traffic violation, meaning no points would be added to a person's driving record.