Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu January 28, 2010
TN Smoking Insurance Leg
Nashville, TN – Tennessee House Democratic Caucus Chairman Mike Turner is abandoning a proposal to refuse health insurance to new state employees who smoke. Turner announced on the House floor Wednesday that he is withdrawing the proposal under the "strong encouragement" of fellow Democratic Rep. John Litz, a tobacco farmer from Morristown.
The measure would have denied health insurance eligibility for tobacco-using state workers hired after Nov. 2.