Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu January 28, 2010
TN Smoking Insurance Leg
Nashville, TN – Tennessee House Democratic Caucus Chairman Mike Turner is abandoning a proposal to refuse health insurance to new state employees who smoke. Turner announced on the House floor Wednesday that he is withdrawing the proposal under the "strong encouragement" of fellow Democratic Rep. John Litz, a tobacco farmer from Morristown.
The measure would have denied health insurance eligibility for tobacco-using state workers hired after Nov. 2.