Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu November 7, 2013
TN ROTC Program Closures Delayed
The U.S. Army has agreed to put off the planned closure of Reserve Officers Training Corps programs at three Tennessee universities.
Republican U.S. Senators Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker said yesterday the delay will provide time to show the programs can meet the Army's needs.
The three ROTC programs are located at UT-Martin, Tennessee Tech and East Tennessee State University.
The ROTC programs were among 13 the army announced it would close, including one at Morehead State in Kentucky.