Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu November 7, 2013
TN ROTC Program Closures Delayed
The U.S. Army has agreed to put off the planned closure of Reserve Officers Training Corps programs at three Tennessee universities.
Republican U.S. Senators Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker said yesterday the delay will provide time to show the programs can meet the Army's needs.
The three ROTC programs are located at UT-Martin, Tennessee Tech and East Tennessee State University.
The ROTC programs were among 13 the army announced it would close, including one at Morehead State in Kentucky.