Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Thu November 7, 2013
TN ROTC Program Closures Delayed
The U.S. Army has agreed to put off the planned closure of Reserve Officers Training Corps programs at three Tennessee universities.
Republican U.S. Senators Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker said yesterday the delay will provide time to show the programs can meet the Army's needs.
The three ROTC programs are located at UT-Martin, Tennessee Tech and East Tennessee State University.
The ROTC programs were among 13 the army announced it would close, including one at Morehead State in Kentucky.