Most Active Stories
- Kentucky's Teacher Retirement System May Become One of the Worst-Funded in the US
- How Murray State is Introducing Kids to Emerging World of Robotics
- Kentucky's Death Penalty: A Comprehensive Look
- WATCH: Luke Bell & Johnny Appleseed on Sounds Good
- Bluegrass Pipeline's Developer Is Appealing the Eminent Domain Ruling
Thu November 7, 2013
TN ROTC Program Closures Delayed
The U.S. Army has agreed to put off the planned closure of Reserve Officers Training Corps programs at three Tennessee universities.
Republican U.S. Senators Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker said yesterday the delay will provide time to show the programs can meet the Army's needs.
The three ROTC programs are located at UT-Martin, Tennessee Tech and East Tennessee State University.
The ROTC programs were among 13 the army announced it would close, including one at Morehead State in Kentucky.