Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu November 7, 2013
TN ROTC Program Closures Delayed
The U.S. Army has agreed to put off the planned closure of Reserve Officers Training Corps programs at three Tennessee universities.
Republican U.S. Senators Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker said yesterday the delay will provide time to show the programs can meet the Army's needs.
The three ROTC programs are located at UT-Martin, Tennessee Tech and East Tennessee State University.
The ROTC programs were among 13 the army announced it would close, including one at Morehead State in Kentucky.