Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue October 29, 2013
TN To Review Textbooks
Tennessee lawmakers are planning a hearing on the panel that vets textbooks for use in public schools.
The Senate's education and government operations committees are scheduled to hold two days of joint hearings on the Tennessee Textbook Commission beginning next Monday.
Republican Senate Education Chairwoman Dolores Gresham says she wants to avoid what she called "indoctrination".
The 10-member textbook selection panel recommends its selections to the State Board of Education. Local school systems then choose which textbooks to adopt from the official state textbook list.