Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue October 29, 2013
TN To Review Textbooks
Tennessee lawmakers are planning a hearing on the panel that vets textbooks for use in public schools.
The Senate's education and government operations committees are scheduled to hold two days of joint hearings on the Tennessee Textbook Commission beginning next Monday.
Republican Senate Education Chairwoman Dolores Gresham says she wants to avoid what she called "indoctrination".
The 10-member textbook selection panel recommends its selections to the State Board of Education. Local school systems then choose which textbooks to adopt from the official state textbook list.