Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue October 29, 2013
TN To Review Textbooks
Tennessee lawmakers are planning a hearing on the panel that vets textbooks for use in public schools.
The Senate's education and government operations committees are scheduled to hold two days of joint hearings on the Tennessee Textbook Commission beginning next Monday.
Republican Senate Education Chairwoman Dolores Gresham says she wants to avoid what she called "indoctrination".
The 10-member textbook selection panel recommends its selections to the State Board of Education. Local school systems then choose which textbooks to adopt from the official state textbook list.