Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Tue November 11, 2008
TN Reps Pledge to Elect GOP leaders
By Carrie Pond
Nashville, TN – All 50 Republicans in the Tennessee House of Representatives have signed a pledge to elect a slate of GOP leaders when the legislative session convenes in January. The letter released Tuesday signals a likely end to Democratic House Speaker Jimmy Naifeh's record 18-year hold on the top post in the House. Naifeh had often been able to persuade a handful of Republicans to vote for him when Democrats held a majority. Republicans won a one-vote advantage in the General Assembly's lower chamber in last week's election.