Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri October 25, 2013
TN Report Provides Figures On Bullying In Schools
A new report shows there were more than 7,500 cases of bullying reported in Tennessee's public schools during the 2012-13 school year.
The report was released by the state Education Department. Officials say 5,478 of the 7,555 cases were confirmed after investigation.
Of the cases reported, 321 were based on race, color or national origin, 695 concerned sex or gender-based discrimination and 168 involved a student's disability.
The report was required under anti-bullying legislation lawmakers passed last year. October is National Bullying Prevention Month.