Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri October 25, 2013
TN Report Provides Figures On Bullying In Schools
A new report shows there were more than 7,500 cases of bullying reported in Tennessee's public schools during the 2012-13 school year.
The report was released by the state Education Department. Officials say 5,478 of the 7,555 cases were confirmed after investigation.
Of the cases reported, 321 were based on race, color or national origin, 695 concerned sex or gender-based discrimination and 168 involved a student's disability.
The report was required under anti-bullying legislation lawmakers passed last year. October is National Bullying Prevention Month.