Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri October 25, 2013
TN Report Provides Figures On Bullying In Schools
A new report shows there were more than 7,500 cases of bullying reported in Tennessee's public schools during the 2012-13 school year.
The report was released by the state Education Department. Officials say 5,478 of the 7,555 cases were confirmed after investigation.
Of the cases reported, 321 were based on race, color or national origin, 695 concerned sex or gender-based discrimination and 168 involved a student's disability.
The report was required under anti-bullying legislation lawmakers passed last year. October is National Bullying Prevention Month.