Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon May 25, 2009
TN Raw Milk
By Carrie Pond
Nashville, TN – Tennessee dairy farmers can now legally sell raw milk from their farms. Governor Phil Bredesen signed the measure last week and it takes effect immediately. State agriculture officials say it was already legal for owners to drink milk from their animals, but the issue has been with purchasing it. Supporters say the law allows people who want to drink raw milk to legally buy it from the animal's owner by purchasing a share of the animal.