Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Fri October 25, 2013
TN Providing Alternative Transportation Support
The Tennessee Department of Transportation has created a fund to support the transportation needs of public transit users, pedestrians and bicyclists.
According to the department, projects eligible under the new Multimodal Access Fund cannot exceed $1 million in total cost and require a 5% local match.
Projects requests for funding should be submitted to TDOT through local Rural and Metropolitan Planning Organizations.
Applications for the first round of funding will be accepted beginning on Friday and must be received no later than Dec. 20.