Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri October 25, 2013
TN Providing Alternative Transportation Support
The Tennessee Department of Transportation has created a fund to support the transportation needs of public transit users, pedestrians and bicyclists.
According to the department, projects eligible under the new Multimodal Access Fund cannot exceed $1 million in total cost and require a 5% local match.
Projects requests for funding should be submitted to TDOT through local Rural and Metropolitan Planning Organizations.
Applications for the first round of funding will be accepted beginning on Friday and must be received no later than Dec. 20.