Most Active Stories
- Why Does Murray Have So Many Banks?
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Murray Finance Director Alan Lanier Resigns
- Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis Testifies in Federal Court
Fri October 25, 2013
TN Providing Alternative Transportation Support
The Tennessee Department of Transportation has created a fund to support the transportation needs of public transit users, pedestrians and bicyclists.
According to the department, projects eligible under the new Multimodal Access Fund cannot exceed $1 million in total cost and require a 5% local match.
Projects requests for funding should be submitted to TDOT through local Rural and Metropolitan Planning Organizations.
Applications for the first round of funding will be accepted beginning on Friday and must be received no later than Dec. 20.