Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Fri October 25, 2013
TN Providing Alternative Transportation Support
The Tennessee Department of Transportation has created a fund to support the transportation needs of public transit users, pedestrians and bicyclists.
According to the department, projects eligible under the new Multimodal Access Fund cannot exceed $1 million in total cost and require a 5% local match.
Projects requests for funding should be submitted to TDOT through local Rural and Metropolitan Planning Organizations.
Applications for the first round of funding will be accepted beginning on Friday and must be received no later than Dec. 20.