Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed September 11, 2013
TN Pay Offset Renewed For Active Duty State Workers
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has renewed an executive order to cover any loss of salary by state employees called to active duty by the National Guard or the Armed Forces Reserves. The measure requires government agencies and departments to extend military leave to state employees. It also requires those agencies to provide offsetting pay when the active-duty wages of their employees are less than their normal salary. Haslam had renewed the annual order twice before. Haslam's order is retroactive to August 26, when the last version expired.