Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed May 15, 2013
TN Online Health Assessment Urged For Baby Boomers
Tennessee health officials are urging people to take a five-minute online assessment about whether they are at risk for hepatitis C. Tennessee Department of Health Commissioner John Dreyzehner said baby boomers are five time more likely than the general population to have the disease.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has the assessment online at http://www.cdc.gov/HEPATITIS/riskassessment. Dreyzehner said it's important to know if one has any form of hepatitis. The A and B forms can be prevented with vaccines, and hepatitis C can be cured if treated early. The risk assessment gives people guidance about whether they should see a medical provider for testing.