Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed May 15, 2013
TN Online Health Assessment Urged For Baby Boomers
Tennessee health officials are urging people to take a five-minute online assessment about whether they are at risk for hepatitis C. Tennessee Department of Health Commissioner John Dreyzehner said baby boomers are five time more likely than the general population to have the disease.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has the assessment online at http://www.cdc.gov/HEPATITIS/riskassessment. Dreyzehner said it's important to know if one has any form of hepatitis. The A and B forms can be prevented with vaccines, and hepatitis C can be cured if treated early. The risk assessment gives people guidance about whether they should see a medical provider for testing.