Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed May 15, 2013
TN Online Health Assessment Urged For Baby Boomers
Tennessee health officials are urging people to take a five-minute online assessment about whether they are at risk for hepatitis C. Tennessee Department of Health Commissioner John Dreyzehner said baby boomers are five time more likely than the general population to have the disease.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has the assessment online at http://www.cdc.gov/HEPATITIS/riskassessment. Dreyzehner said it's important to know if one has any form of hepatitis. The A and B forms can be prevented with vaccines, and hepatitis C can be cured if treated early. The risk assessment gives people guidance about whether they should see a medical provider for testing.