Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed June 12, 2013
TN May Revenues More Than State Budgeted
Tennessee State Finance Commissioner Larry Martin says overall May revenues were $31.5 million more than the state budgeted. Martin says the sales tax growth rate rebounded in May mainly because of the sale of building materials and purchases of new automobiles.
He says sales tax collections were $11.2 million above the budgeted estimate, and the franchise and excise taxes were $8.8 million more than budgeted. The general fund went over by $35.3 million.