Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed October 28, 2009
TN Man Pleads Guilty to ID Theft, Fraud
Fort Campbell, KY – A 28-year-old former Fort Campbell soldier has been sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison after pleading guilty to identity theft and bank fraud. Chief Judge Thomas B. Russell also ordered Deldrick Toles of Clarksville, Tennessee, to pay almost $21,000 in restitution.
Western District of Kentucky US Attorney Candace Hill announced the sentence yesterday. Hill says Toles admitted to defrauding the Army Air Force Exchange Service by using Military Star account numbers belonging to others to obtain goods and services.
Toles also pleaded guilty to theft of mail. Prosecutors say Toles stole a holiday package sent to a fellow soldier, then used the gift cards in the package that had been for the soldier's children.