Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon March 22, 2010
TN Legislature Reacts to Healthcare Bill
By Angela Hatton
Nashville, TN – Tennessee House Democratic Caucus Chairman Mike Turner says he's still awaiting a complete analysis of how the health care bill passed by the U.S. House will affect Tennessee's budget. Turner, says that Democratic Governor Phil Bredesen's administration is still working out the detailed financial impact of the measure. Meanwhile, Republican state Senate Speaker Ron Ramsey urged the House to pass a bill that would require the state attorney general to challenge the constitutionality of the health care measure. The companion version of the "Tennessee Health Freedom Act" passed the state Senate last month on a 26-1 vote. The House panel is scheduled to consider the measure Wednesday.